In the following article we show you the most important functions and settings around evenito by setting up a new event. This should help you to get a first overview. For specific functions please refer to the corresponding articles.
After setting up the company and depositing the data, you switch to the section "My Events".
1. You will find an overview of all events. It is divided into two blocks: "Past Events" and "Future Events".
2. In the search field you can look for an event by entering the name of the event.
3. With the button "New event" you can add a new event.
4. By clicking on "Show advanced filters" you can filter by event date.
5. An existing event can be copied by clicking on the white-green "double icon" to the right of the event.
An event can be deleted by clicking on the red "cross icon".
If you click on the button "New event" (3.), a window opens, where you can define the language settings of the event.
1. Default language for the event, recognizable by the green button
2. Each additional language for the event is to be set up.
3. The languages can be selected from the drop-down menu and added to the event with "Add language".
Once you have selected all languages, click "Proceed" to create the event.
After creating the event, the event menu appears on the left.
1. The window "General" opens.
The following information must be entered:
2. Event Name
3. Event web app URL (web address of the event web app). Make sure that you use a URL that is not used by another event (not even a deleted one).
4. Enter Event start date, Event end date
As soon as the event information has been filled in, the event can be saved by clicking on "Save".
Under point 5. privacy guidelines can be deposited. For more information see the following articles: Participant Consent, Cookie Notification.
The newly created event now appears in the event overview under "My Events". To define the event-specific content (webpage, design/colours/fonts, mails) click on the event.
Tipp for the next event: Copy the finished event. All event settings like design, fonts etc. will be taken over and you only have to customize them.
Before you set up the content of your event, we recommend you define your guest categories in the menu item "Categories".
- Categories can be used to address guests in different ways.
- Categories can also help you to keep track of your event by organizing your guests into different groups (e.g. employees/external or normal/VIP).
- For each category you can define a specific communication, in form of individual emails and registration form. More detailed explanations can be found in the respective menu item.
1. Define the required categories.
Please note: the top category is the default category. Guests who are not assigned to a category will automatically be assigned to that category.
2. The category code allows you to define a login code for each category. If the login type is private and guests are not invited with their personal code, you can provide them with the category code. The guests can register themselves with the category code and are automatically assigned to that category.
3. The maximal number of participants can be set for all categories, i.e. for the whole event.
4. Determine how many participants can register per category. If it is a ticketing event, you can specify how many tickets the guest of this category can purchase.
5. The registration deadline date can be set for each category.
6. The registration deadline time can also be defined per category.
Please note: For an event without ticketing, this is the only way to set the registration deadline. For ticketing events, tickets may also be available for a limited time. More information can be found in the articles on ticketing.
7. Delete a category by clicking on the red minus sign.
8. Add a category by clicking on the green plus sign.
Categories are great. In a complex event they allow you to create structure in the participant management. However, unnecessary categories can lead to confusion. That's why we recommend that you handle it in a considerate manner.
In the next step we show you how to set up your website and its content.
In "Pages" (1.) an overview of the pages of the Event Web-App appears.
2. Each tab represents a subpage of the event page.
3. New event pages can be added by clicking on "Add page".
4. You can delete subpages by clicking on the red cross.
5. The subpages that display a green circle are active. They appear in the frontend of the Event website and can be accessed by anyone.
6. Subpages displaying a red circle are inactive. They do not appear in the frontend. However, they can be activated at any time.
7. If you created your event multilingual, this button allows you to change the language.
Attention: the page names and contents must be defined in all languages.
8. The "Preview this page in new tab" allows you to preview the event website in the frontend.
9. As soon as your event is activated, the website can be accessed by external people.
Find more information about the individual subpages in our knowledge database under "Presentation of the event" in "Pages".
Settings and content of the event subpages
On each subpage you can define your own content (text, image) and adjust the settings.
1. Each subpage can be activated and deactivated. As soon as the box "Active" is selected, the page appears live on the event website (if the event is also active). If a page is active, a green circle will appear.
2. The activation of the underside can be controlled by this function in terms of time (from certain date until date).
3. Define the name of the subpage to be displayed on the Event Web app.
4. In the text field "content" general information can be defined - e.g. a description or an instruction (more about formatting, see below)
5. Specific header image, which is only displayed on this subpage.
6. By clicking on "Choose" you can select and upload your specific header image.
7. Click on "Save" to apply the changes.
The page can be displayed in the frontend any time by clicking on "Preview this page in new tab". In order for the preview to work, the changes must be saved (step 7).
The content field offers various options for designing the event subpage.
1. The source code function allows you to program the content field yourself.
2. You will find different insert-options to take raw text from for example a Word document. The best way is to insert the text by clicking on the button.
3. Click on the arrows to undo or redo changes in your text.
4. The content field can be enlarged here.
5. Display the text in blocks.
6. Formatting the text (bold, italic, underline, strikethrough).
7. This button can be used to remove any formatting from the text. This is recommended especially if you want to insert a lot of texts from different sources and want to format them uniformly.
8. In this section, you can group the text into enumerations, lists or citation blocks.
9. Display the text left-, right-justified or centered.
10. Add or remove links to web pages. You can also link a PDF document (e.g. the event program) or an image. To link images or other files, click on the "Upload" tab in the pop-up window, select a file and send it to the server.
11. Inserting/uploading images
12. Insert table to format the text.
13. Embed videos using an iFrame code which you can copy from Youtube or Vimeo.
14. Change the size and font of the text via "Format".
15. The colour of the text can be defined here.
On the subpage "Registration" you have the possibility to define your registration mask (1.) as well as set custom system notifications (2.).
2. Custom notification
Custom notifications are information-texts which are displayed, for example, when the registration deadline expires or the maximum number of participants is reached. These are stored by default. If you want to deposit a personalized message, you can write it directly next to the corresponding message.
3. Registration type
In evenito you have the possibility to define who is allowed to register for your event. You can regulate this under registration type.
- Guests can only register if they received a personal registration link in the invitation email or a personal code (QR code, participant code or category code).
- By clicking on the registration link or by entering the personal participant code, the guest is redirected to the prefilled registration form.
This registration type consists of two functions:
- Invited guests can register with the personal registration link or code (as in the private registration type).
- Uninvited guests can request a registration link/code on the registration screen by entering their email address. For this the email "Retrieve code" must be set up. If this mail is activated, it will automatically be sent to the guest.
- Alternatively, you can also intercept interested parties. They then will be displayed in the list of participants and you can decide yourself whether you want to send them a registration link/code. Therefore you don't need to set up the mail "Retrieve code".
- Anyone who visits the event website can register.
- 4. Additionally you can activate the checkbox "Activate Field for Participant Code". This allows invited guests to access the prefilled registration form by clicking on the registration link or by entering their personal code.
Please note: the deregistration function is only possible for invited guests (personal registration link or code).
6. Registration form per category
- If you've defined different guest categories (under "Categories") , you can set up an individual registration form for each category.
- You can individually determine the guest management, the personal/company details and the questions per category.
- For example, the category "VIP" may take two guests with it and has to answer additional questions. The category "Guests" may not bring any accompanying persons and don't have to answer any additional questions.
- If you need different masks, simply click on the "+" and add the desired category.
- Info: If the same registration form applies to all categories, it is sufficient to define everything for the first category. The same mask applies to all other categories.
- The welcome box offers you the possibility that guests can register or deregister without looking at the registration form.
- When activated, the registration and unsubscription button appears above the registration form (on the website).
- The text field offers you the possibility to leave a personalized greeting of the invited guest on the registration form.
- The placeholders gender salutation (%participantGender%), salutation (%participantGreeting%), first name (%firstName%) and last name (%lastName%) can be used.
- If no individual text is defined, the default welcome text appears.
8. Guest management
You can define the guest management for each category. The following four options are available:
- None: Guests are not allowed to bring an escort.
- Not specific guest: Participants can add a number of guests without filling in the accompanying person's details. Only the information +1 / (+x) is visible in the guest management as well as in the check-in app.
- Specific guest
- Participants can register a specific number of guests. You can define an individual registration form for the accompanying person, which asks for the required information (e.g. first name, last name, email address).
- 9. You have the option to allow companions without a name.
- Email invitation
- The invited guest has the possibility to send an invitation email to the desired accompanying persons. The invited person receives a link to the registration form in the mail, where he/she can register or deregister.
- Please note: the email "Partner invitation" must be set up, adapted and activated.
Maximum Guest Number
- General: for not-specific guest, specific guest as well as email invitation you can define the maximum number of guest per participant.
- Individual: you can also use the Excel upload to define an individual number of companions for each guest. These settings can be adjusted manually at any time under "Participants".
Please note: The individual settings overwrite the general settings in the login mask. Example: if 2 accompanying persons have been defined for each guest (in the registration form), but 1 accompanying person is stored for the guest himself, this guest may invite/register 1 accompanying person.
Registration Form Setup
As soon as you have set the basic settings, you can define the required information for the main guests (10.) and companions (11.).
The registration mask consists of four areas: Main Participant Form, Company Details, Billing Details (for Ticketing Event) & Additional Information (Questions).
Each area has predefined content boxes. For each box you can decide whether this information should be requested or not. You can choose between the following options:
- Disabled: The box isn't shown on the login page.
- Optional: The box is active and the guest can give an answer, but does not have to.
- Required: The box is active and the guest must answer.
- Readonly: The box is active, the guest can see but not change the data. This option can only be used for personalized registrations.
13. Additional Information
1. Element type: Selection of the question element.
2. Definition of when the element should be visible:
Always (= logon and logoff)
3. Required: whether the answer to the question is required or optional.
4. Add the desired question.
5. Determine the possible answers.
6. Click on "Add Answer" for additional answer options.
7. See how many people have chosen this answer option.
8. Limitation: If there is only a limited number of answers to be offered, you can store this accordingly. For example: The guest can choose in which workshop he wants to participate. Each workshop has a capacity of 20 persons. You can now enter 20 answers in the "Number" field. As soon as 20 guests have chosen this answer, it is no longer available.
9. when activated, the answer availability is displayed on the website.
10. Add subquestion: An optional follow-up question can be added to each answer. If a guest selects the corresponding answer, the follow-up question is indicated.
11. Delete answer: Click on the red "x" to delete an answer.
12. Delete entire question.
13. Adjust position: you can adjust the position of the question element by drag & drop.
14. Click on "Add question" to define a further question.
In "Visuals" you can upload the default header picture, event visuals and photo banners.
For the upload applies:
- File format: .png or .jpeg
- Image size: Highest resolution possible. The higher the resolution, the better the quality. It however has to be considered that the image size is not too large, as this increases the loading time of the images on the mobile phone.
1. Event Key Visual
This graphic appears in the internal event overview (under "My Events"), on the Check-in & Tagging app and on the preview of the media portals.
- Side ratio: 1:1
- Minimum size: width: 300px, height: 200px
- Square Frontpage Visual: Definition of the square section of the event visual.
2. Default Header Image
The header image appears as the default image on the Event Web app for all pages that do not have an individual header image.
- Side ratio: As desired - ideal: 10:2 or 10:4. The side ratio can be adjusted under "Design & Settings" in the tab "Layout".
- Minimum size: width: 1200px, height: freely definable
1. Look for your desired standard header image and upload it.
2. Click on "Header Ratio Settings" to go directly to the tab "Layout", where you can adjust the ratio settings.
3. Define the section of the uploaded header image.
4. Adjust the header image that it either covers the whole page ("Full Size") or is aligned with the rest of the content ("Content Size").
The photo banner allows you to place a banner over your event photos.
- You can define where the banner should be displayed (Gallery / Slideshow / Original).
- The banner must be uploaded as a transparent png with the ideal resolution of 3696x2456 pixels.
In "Design & Settings" you can define general settings as well as the design of the Event Web-App.
1. Click on the URL to open the event website.
2. Define a password if you want to make your website accessible only to your guests. Don't forget to tell them your password.
3. Activate & deactivate Google indexing (photos, participant list).
In Languages, you can add more languages and change your default language.
Text-Fonts & Colours
In "Text- Fonts & Colours" you can set your font and colour for the website.
1. Font per text type (e.g. title, normal text)
- The default font is Arial.
- Evenito offers the most popular fonts (Arial, Times New Roman, etc.) and has integrated all Google Fonts. These cover most of the popular paid fonts
- If a Google font has been selected (below the dashed line), a preview of the font can be displayed by moving over the text type (e.g. title, navigation) on the left.
- It is also possible to deposit your company font, please contact the evenito team, we will be happy to help you.
2. Font size per text type
3. Font colour per text type
4. Colour of the element when you hover over it with the mouse.
5. By clicking on the colour field, the colour palette opens. You can add your colour here with the RGB, HSB or HEX codes.
In the part below you can change the settings for the buttons and the font of the event website.
The active colour is the colour in which the button lights up when you hover the mouse over it. The passive colour is the colour in which the button appears when you do not move the mouse over it.
Please note: only the button and background colours that you actually use have to be adjusted.
1. Header Pic Aspect Ratio: settings for cropping the header image, which is used in "Visuals" in the section "Default Header Picture".
- That Favicon is the small icon that is displayed in the browser tab
- File format: .png
- Size: not relevant - but icon should be rectangular
3. Header Position
- Define the position of the event name on the web page. The name is displayed in the lower left corner of the header image by default. For a different position, simply select the desired option from the drop-down menu.
4. Choose the background colour of the website
5. You have the possibility to define your own wallpaper and its position.
There are two different settings for the footer:
- Default setting: Company logo and company details are automatically taken over from the stored company data under "General" in the menu "My company".
- Individual footer: the HTML field can be used for individual footers. As soon as a content has been defined the default footer settings will be overwritten.
Don't forget to activate all changes by clicking on the "Save" button.
Set up your event-specific communication in emails.
1. Emails overview
Evenito offers you a selection of predefined emails. You can move the order of the emails by a longer mouse click. We recommend that you arrange the emails in chronological order.
2. Delete an email by clicking on the red cross.
3. Click on "Add more email" to add the emails you need for your event. Select the corresponding email from the pop-up dropdown menu. The email will then appear as a new tab.
4. Mails per category
- If you have defined different guest categories, you can set up different emails per email type (invitation, reminder, etc.).
- Click on the plus button and select the categories for which you want to set up the corresponding email. The selected category appears in dark blue, the others in grey.
- If you have defined several guest categories, but only one mail, this mail will be used for the other categories.
5. Import template from another mail
With a click on "Import from another mailing" the design and content from another mailing can be imported. To do so select the desired event, email type, guest category and language.
6. Activate email
As soon as you have set up the email, you can activate it.
If the mail is activated, the dot is green.
If the event is activated aswell, you can send the email to your guests.
Sender Data & Email Subject
7. Sender name, 8. Sender email as well as 9. Subject can freely be chosen.
Please note: in order for the mails to be sent, the email address must be verified by evenito in advance.
10. Event's email service consists of three areas
- Edit Email: In this tab the email design is defined and the content is inserted.
- Sending: As soon as an email is set up, it can be sent from there.
- Log: The statistics shows you status information about the mailing after sending.
- If your event is multilingual, you have the possibility to set up your emails in that languages as well.
- Change to the desired language in the dropdown and create the mail.
Email Text & Design
The email editor of evenito allows you to design your email according to your wishes.
1. The Email Editor offers you three levels of design: Content, Rows and Settings.
2. Structure of the email.
3. Content within the structure.
4. Click on the content of the email (black window pops up) to edit it.
5. Click on "More" to get the placeholders.
6. This button allows you to move the content/structure (up or down).
7. Function to delete or duplicate the content.
8. Allows you to repeat/undo the formatting.
9. Preview the email.
10. Here you can add attachments like PDF, PowerPoint or calendar entries to the mail.
11. With the test mail you can send an email without activating the event and the email. Add yourself as a participant and choose you in the pop-up window.
Set the width of the content, the background colour and a default font and colour:
You can structure your email via Drag & Drop. The editor offers several predefined structures. Select them with one click and drag them to the desired location in the email.
Once you have set the structure, add the desired content to it. The mail editor offers the following content types: text, image, button, divider, social, HMTL. The desired content type can simply be dragged & dropped to the desired location in the mail.
To edit the content, simply click in it and make the desired formatting adjustments in the content field itself.
The evenito mailing offers you several placeholders, which allow you a personalized communication by including the participant data automatically in the emails.
To insert a placeholder, click on "More" (5.). The following overview of all placeholders appears:
1. Look for the desired placeholder in the corresponding category.
2. By clicking on the placeholder, a description, the written code and an example will appear on the right.
3. Insert the placeholder into the content.
Important: For the placeholders to work correctly, the corresponding data must be available in evenito (e.g. via the Excel upload of the guest list). Example: If the placeholder salutation is used, the salutation must be deposited with each guest. Evenito shows whether the placeholder can be used or not (= whether the required data is stored in the system).
- If the placeholder appears green, the data is stored for all participants. Placeholders can be used.
- If the placeholder appears orange, the corresponding information is missing for at least one person. Placeholder should not be used.
- If the placeholder appears red, the corresponding information is missing for all participants. Placeholder should not be used.
Important information regarding email sending:
- To be able to send out the emails to your guests, the event and the email itself must be activated.
- All emails must be sent manually. Except the registration- and deregistration-confirmation email as well as the "Retrieve Code" and "Partner Invitation" email are automatically sent (if they are activated).
In " Participants " the participant management can be controlled and monitored throughout the entire event. Overview of the most important functions:
1. Add Participant
Evenito has an innovative Excel import tool. You can import any type of excel and assign the relevant content via drag & drop.
- The Excel should not contain any macros and should only consist a single worksheet.
- Each value (first name, last name, email etc.) must be stored in an individual column in the Excel list. As soon as the Excel is uploaded, evenito automatically assigns the values to the individual columns. If the recognition does not work properly, you can assign the definition to the corresponding column using Drag & Drop.
- At least two of the following three values must be uploaded per guest: First name, last name and email address. Otherwise an error message will appear and the guest will not be imported.
- If you want to delete a row or column, you can either click directly on the red cross or first drag the green value from the field and then select the red cross.
b. Add guests manually
Under "Manually add person", an individual can be added to the event.
If this person comes as a companion of another guest, the inviting participant can be selected under "Additional details" (this participant must already be entered in the guest list).
c. Import from CRM
You can import guests from the CRM as well. Read more in the detailed article about the participants page.
- You should not upload the final participant list to the event until the event website and the communication (emails) have been completed.
- Upload all data of a person at once in evenito. Subsequent processing is only possible individually and manually.
- Before uploading, have a look at the placeholders in the emails.
- Example: In evenito you can use various placeholders, such as the salutation (%participantgreeting%). If such placeholders are used in the emails, the corresponding information must be uploaded in the participant list in evenito. More information can be found in the article under placeholders.
2. Delete participant
With the "Delete all" function you can delete the entire participant list.
3. Participant data
In participant data you will find an overview of all participants of your event and their information.
Overview of the symbols on the participant site:
Edit Participant Data
4. Filter Function
- Simple filtering of the guest list by 1. guest category, 2. ticket type (only for ticketing event), 3. registration status, 4. payment status (only for ticketing event), 5. check-in status or in the search window, 6. by name, function, company, host, guest code etc. (Please enter only one value each, such as first or last name, as the search does not allow spaces).
- Evenito filters the guest list according to the check marks/search word.
- Click on the white square to the left of a guest to select the desired guest.
With the "Select" button you can decide what to do with the filtered contacts.
a. Activate displayed participants: selects the filtered participants.
b. Invert selection: selects the participants who are not currently dialed (and vice versa).
c. Reset selection: resets the selection.
6. Registration Info
Overview of all registration information such as a. Registration status, b. Accompaniment and c. Answers to the registration form. d. Adjustments of the answers on the registration form are possible here.
If you have activated one or more guests, you can perform the following actions under "Actions".
Various guest lists can be exported from evenito at any time. Click on "Export" and select the desired list. The list will be automatically generated and downloaded.
a. This list displays all participant information that has been entered (addresses, notes, etc.), accompanying and contingent information, as well as registration and check-in status. What is not displayed here are the answers from the participant mask (see d.).
b. This export is suitable for the personalized sending of invitations and contains the personal data of a guest as well as the private and company addresses. In addition, the participant code as well as the QR code number and the category are displayed.
c. This is a short list that can be used for check-in. Personal data, email address, company, function, registration status and the participant code are displayed. It also shows whether the guest is taking an accompanying person or was invited by another participant.
d. If you have defined questions for your guests in the registration form, you can export the answers using this export option. The registration status is also specified here. Please note that one sheet per guest category will be created.
e. Excel list with the personal participant code, including QR codes. These QR codes will be recognized by the check-in app and can be used for the entry management.
f. Excel list with the personal link to the personalized registration mask, including QR codes. With this QR code, the participant also accesses his personalized registration mask. However, the QR code is currently not recognized by the check-in app and should therefore not be used for check-in management.
g. All tickets can be downloaded in PDF format via this export.
9. Duplicate analysis
The data quality of the guest list can be tested with the help of the duplicate analysis by clicking on the button "Find Dublicates". Evenito shows you possible duplicates, which can be merged, deleted or ignored.
Congrats #evenitorocks with you.
You have now successfully set up your event and are almost ready to send out invitations.
Please note: if you create a ticketing event, please continue reading here: evenito Ticketing.
You should check the following points:
- For each mail you create, send yourself a test mail and check it out.
- Activate your event and the mails.
- Play through the registration process with all categories and possibilities (with/without accompaniment, registration/deregistration, different languages).
- Upload the participant list with all necessary information.
You find more information about sending your mails here: Mailing.